Guest Article GuidelinesOur primary goal is to deliver quality content!
We are open to HIGH-QUALITY Guest Articles on our blog. We allow one valuable “do-follow” link in return for your hard work. Filecamp.com currently holds a 76 domain rating according to AHREF!
This guideline will provide you with everything you need to know to get started with your article.
What kind of articles does Filecamp publish?
Topics are loosely based around design, branding & marketing.
Topics include branding, marketing, freelancing, remote working, social media, content marketing, logo design, UX/UI, marketing, productivity, creativity, and more.
We are open to tutorials, opinion articles, tips, resources, ultimate guides, case studies, and any ideas you might have. Check out our latest posts for an idea of the quality we’re after.
Who is Filecamp publishing for?
The Filecamp blog audience is generally marketers and design professionals.
What do we ask of you?
For us to approve your article, we ask that:
- You provide the article via Google Docs or a Word Document using our template. Please use our Templates: Google Doc or Word Doc.
- The article must be at least 1500 words. Posts that are 2,000+ words have a better chance of getting published.
All articles must be original content not published anywhere else (now and in the future).
All articles must be Copyscape-tested plagiarism-free.
- If your copy contains typos or bad grammar it will be rejected instantly.
A proposed meta-title and meta-description must also be provided together with the article.
All articles must be optimized around 1-3 target keywords, which should also be noted in the document. Please make sure that there is an actual search demand for your target keyword before submitting.
All articles must include at least 2 links to other Filecamp.com blog posts or landing pages.
Articles should include, wherever possible, bullet points, number lists, and subheadings to help the reader and search engines more easily digest your content when possible.
Images/infographics/gifs/videos are critical for a reader to understand your article. You provide at least 4 supporting images at a minimum of 1024px wide. Every article must have supporting imagery or it won’t be posted. Images must be sent separately in a zip file and not just embedded in the document. Provide alt tags for the images. Make sure to obtain copyright permissions for use and cite the source.
- Accept that we do not accept all posts. Typical posting times range from 2 to 4 weeks.
What does it cost?
- Nothing, if you abide by the guidelines in the ‘What do we ask of you?’ section above.
What will Filecamp do for you?
Creating great content is a two-way process:
- We will include one do-follow link in your article, subject to prior approval
- Our editor will publish the article and upload images
- We will optimize your post for search engines
- We will include your byline at the start of the article and a brief author bio at the end of the article
- We often will promote your article on our social media channels.
- Submit outline: Send us a list of your article ideas, ideally with a short outline on each. Send URLs of at least 3 other articles you’ve written.
- Selection: We will choose the most suitable idea based on your suggestions.
- Submit your article: Remember to abide by the guidelines in the ‘What do we ask of you’ section and use the template provided.
- Revisions: We will get back to you with revision requests.
- Resubmit final draft: You revise your article as advised.
- Publish: We will let you know when your article is scheduled to be published. Once it goes live, you will be contacted. We would love you to share your article on social media too.
We do NOT accept:
- Previously published content, so please submit your own original work.
- Posts that do not provide any useful and meaningful insights for branding/design/marketing professionals.
- Promotional posts for your company or organization.
IMPORTANT: All guest articles will be reviewed after 12 months. The ones that are not providing any value (= less than 200 visits and more than 80% bounce rate) will be deleted