Last modified: March 29, 2019
Filecamp AG is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting Filecamp.com (our website) and by providing personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The personal information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
The information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email, or social media. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, and phone number.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to Filecamp.com (our website) we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the IP address, used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, and versions, operating system, and platform.
- information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through, and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
How we use personal information
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so.
Depending on how you engage with us, we may use your information:
- to deliver the agreed service to you.
- to facilitate your use of this website and the services available through it.
- for internal accounting and regulatory purposes.
- for statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services.
- to keep you informed about our products and services you might be interested in. You can always unsubscribe from these emails using the instructions provided in each email.
Our legal bases for processing your personal information are:
- the consent you have given.
- processing necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps to enter into a contract.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All passwords are encrypted and not even the Filecamp Support team can access them.
Read more about security.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To find out more about cookies, visit this site.
Personal data and your rights
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data because of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to your personal data, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this information. You can usually do this yourself in your Filecamp Account Settings or in the Edit User menu. And you are always welcome to contact email@example.com for assistance.
You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails using the instructions provided in each email.
Filecamp is compliant with GDPR standards. Further information related to Filecamp and GDPR can be found here.