Collections are a way to group file references for easy viewing and sharing, even if they’re located in different folders. Collections are user specific and each user have its own personal Collections.
Add a single file to a Collection
To add a single file to a Collection you can click the on the context menu below the file thumbnail or in the Sidebar. Choose Add to Collection.
Add multiple files to a Collection
Using keyboard shortcuts, you can select multiple files.
To select multiple consecutive files:
- Select the first item.
- Press and hold Shift.
- Click the last item.
To select multiple non-consecutive files:
- Press and hold Ctrl (control on Windows) or ⌘ (command on Mac).
- Select all files you want.
Select all the files you want to add to a Collection. Then click the on the context menu in the Sidebar. Choose Add to Collection.
Now you can either choose an existing Collection or click the NEW COLLECTION button.
If you choose an existing Collection the selected files will be added to this Collection instantly.
If you want to create a new Collection click the NEW COLLECTION button. Enter a name for the Collection and click Create. The Collection is now created and can be seen and edited from the Collection List.
You can now access your new Collection from your main menu.
And you can view, download, and share your Collection from this view.
The main differences between Folders and Collections
- You cannot upload files into Collections
- You cannot have folders in Collections.
- Files in Collections are only references to the original files and therefore doesn’t take up extra storage.
- Collections are personal.
- Collections can be shared via links only. Read more.
- You can upload files and folders into folders. Read more.
- You can have sub-folders inside folders.
- Files in folders are the original files and therefore take up extra storage.
- Folders can be shared via shared links.
- Folders can be shared with other users and you can set up detailed permission roles for each folder.