Collections are a way to group file references for easy viewing and sharing, even if they’re located in different folders. Collections are user specific and each user have its own personal Collections.
Add files to Collection
Navigate to the folder where your files are in, then click on the Bulk action icon in the top navigation menu and choose Add to Collection.
Now select all the files you want to add to a Collection. Then click ADD.
Now you can either choose an existing Collection, or click the NEW COLLECTION button.
If you choose an existing Collection the selected files will be added to this Collection instantly.
Then click the NEW COLLECTION button. Enter a name for the Collection and click Create. The Collection is now created and can be seen and edited from the Collection List.
You can now access your new Collection from your main menu.
And you can view, download, and share your Collection from this view.
The main differences between Folders and Collections
- You cannot upload files into Collections
- You cannot have folders in Collections.
- Files in Collections are only references to the original files and therefore doesn’t take up extra storage.
- Collections are personal.
- Collections can be shared via links only. Read more.
- You can upload files and folders into folders. Read more.
- You can have sub-folders inside folders.
- Files in folders are the original files and therefore take up extra storage.
- Folders can be shared via shared links.
- Folders can be shared with other users and you can set up detailed permission roles for each folder.