General settings is the place to go if you need to define the general settings of your account.
Go to Admin > General.
Only Account Administrators can view and edit the General Settings.
- Auto log out after 30 minutes of inactivity – check this checkbox if you want to enhance the security and prevent unauthorized access, by automatically logs out your users after 30 minutes of idle time. Read more about security.
- Automatically move expired items to the trashcan – check this checkbox if you want to put your account on autopilot, so that expired files are automatically deleted (moved to trash). Read more about the Trash.
- Do not encode media files (saves storage space) – by default Filecamp encodes a mp4/.m4a (H.264) version of all video files, so that they can be previewed in all browsers. This takes up extra storage. Check this checkbox if you to disable this to save storage space. Read more about file formats.
- Language for auto-tagging – choose your preferred language for auto-tagging. Read more about Auto-tags.
- Email sending domain –email@example.com is default sending domain. But if you are on a Pro plan you can choose mailserv.io instead, and thereby “hide” the Filecamp brand in the emails that are sent from your Filecamp to your users.
- Powered by text – replace “Powered by Filecamp” with your own text. E.g. you can enter your company name.
- Powered by url – specify a link on the “Powered by text”. E.g. you can link to your company website.
Notice: Only admins can see and edit the General Site Settings. When updating there is a 5-10 minutes delay before the settings are actually effectuated. Check the log for confirmation or if any errors occurred.